BEST SPRING WARDROBE ESSENTIALS To Look Chic
A new season means new clothes, new styles and new outfits in our wardrobe, and all of us are super excited! The trick to putting together a stylish spring outfit is starting out with the classic pieces, the basics, and then working them into your style for the season. Here is my list of spring wardrobe essentials to look chic:
1. Wide Leg Pants: Skinny jeans have officially lost their hold on people’s closets. They’re now being replaced by wide-legged pants & this is the perfect time to hop on to this trend, and experiment with colours as well.
2. Floral dresses: This is a spring classic. Happy dresses are bringing the optimism for 2021!
Bold prints with accentuated waists get us ready to jump into the new year. Floral Dresses Are the Trend That Just Won’t End. I also have a podcast called ‘florals for spring’
3. Crochet Details: Texture was all over the Spring and Summer collections, and crochet was the standout design detail.
We love how a crochet top or dress perfectly bridges the gap between something more structured, while still being easy and cozy
4. Jumpsuits: We can’t get enough of jumpsuits in new dye techniques, patterns, washes, or with a ruffle. These are so versatile you can wear them lounging at home, out for a walk, or even glam it up.
It is always easy to dress up, or dress down with jumpsuits according to the event you’re attending, and they also look feminine, cute and with accessories it makes up a great outfit.
5. The Knit Dress: After a year of stocking up on loungewear, many people are keen to move beyond sweats and to start enjoying the experience of getting dressed again.
With so much time still being spent at home, the knit dress is the ideal transitional piece, maintaining maximum comfort.
6. Matching Sets: This year we will continue to see multiple iterations of sets. From cozy sweat sets to chic satin sets, a two-piece look is the effortless go-to that we will live in all year.
7. Linen everything: As linen fibres are hollow they allow more airflow over your body than other materials. They are also highly absorbent, gaining up to 20% of their dry weight in moisture without feeling damp to touch. This makes linen perfect for sunny spells and warm getaways, helping you to keep cool and avoid embarrassing sweat patches!
8. Midi skirts: the midi skirt was a popular length in the 1940s, a fashion decade known for its elegance and grace.
Styled correctly, this trend is at the forefront of sophistication. A midi is a great piece to have if you’d like to change up your look a little, and look classy while doing so!
Make sure to balance out the length of the skirt by choosing one with a high waist or using a belt to create shape. Add some additional pop in the footwear department. Think boots, oxfords, or a great pair of heels.
9. Skater skirts and fit and flare dresses: Because of the narrowing of the waist, this fit looks amazing on all body types.Throw on this dress for the day and you will look effortlessly chic. Whether it’s brunch with the girls or picnic with your significant other, this gingham fit-and-flare will add the perfect springtime look as you go about your day.
One of my requirements for finding the perfect spring dress is versatility. Think can you dress it up or down?
10. Loafers: Originally designed for men, they have since become a staple of women’s closets, too. Maybe it's because they add a polished vibe to any outfit, maybe it's because they're practical and easy to wear, or maybe it's because they're a perennial favourite that will never really go out of style. Whichever the reason, loafers, oxfords, and brogues are the dominating flat shoe trend of the moment, and I'm so here for it.